Guide your students through the process of writing with scaffolded practice that's as engaging as it is educational!
The creative and structured lessons in Writing Fabulous Sentences & Paragraphs introduce students to essential writing techniques without losing the imaginative spirit that makes writing fun. From main ideas and topic sentences, to figurative language and descriptive details, this book is filled with activities that help your students develop strong writing skills.
You'll love Writing Fabulous Sentences and Paragraphs because it:
- supports 6-Trait writing. Activities are designed to build skills in each trait -- voice, organization, word choice, conventions, ideas, and sentence fluency. And a trait-based writing guide at the beginning of the book makes it easy to see exactly which skills are being developed.
- comes with 9 ready-to-use transparencies. Providing writing models and guiding group work is a breeze.
- contains scaffolded lessons and activities. Help students progress from writing single sentences to multiple paragraphs!
- introduces students to important paragraph writing skills. From topic sentences and supporting details to using an outline or web diagram -- it's all covered. There's even a paragraph skills checklist to help track student progress.
- inspires reluctant writers. Motivating topics and delightful illustrations make writing fun!
- is correlated to state standards.
Scaffolded lessons come in four sections:
- Sentences:Students practice combining sentences, constructing "super sentences," and using figurative language.
- Paragraphs:Students practice recognizing the main ideas, topic sentences, supporting details, and unnecessary information within paragraphs.
- Paragraph Forms:Students use scaffolded forms to organize information into narrative, persuasive, descriptive, compare/contrast, definition, and "how-to" paragraphs.
- Organizing Information into Paragraphs:Students practice organizing sentences within paragraphs and paragraphs within reports while using webs, notetakers, and outlines.
Give your students the practice they need to become strong writers! Use Writing Fabulous Sentences and Paragraphs with your class today!
About the Seller
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.