Save an EXTRA 10% off sitewide with code: STOCKUP Details
Happy Homeschool Month! The whole month of January we will have NEW DEALS every week for you to stock up for the new year! Use code: STOCKUP at checkout to get an EXTRA 10% off sitewide plus Free Shipping on orders over $150 in the Contiguous US.
Read Educents' Terms & Conditions here
Writing: A fun Craftivity and Writing Activity for Snowmen all Year
1. After reading the Story Snowmen all Year by Caralyn Buchner. Have children think about some ideas that they would do if their snowman lasted all year long and never melted...the more creative the better. Encourage children to think of what they might do each season. For example: In fall the snowman and child might jump in the leaves or play football. In winter they might drink hot chocolate or build a snowman together. In spring they might plant a garden or play baseball together. In summer, they might go to the beach and jump waves or build sandcastles. I would jot down their ideas on the smart board or chart paper to remember if some kiddos have difficulty thinking of ideas.
2. After they decide what their snowman does each season, have them write about the experience using one of the frames provided. There is also a frame where your students can simply pick their favorite season and write a story about that. I have tried to add various frames for differentiation according to the needs of your class or individual students. I guess you could also give a choice if you want.
3. After they have completed their writing, then they can decorate their snowman to look like whatever they have created using any media or supplies you have. I usually have construction paper scraps and sheets, beads, foam shape stickers, hat template tracers, which I have provided. You can also run off the hat samples on different colored paper or on construction paper. Students can choose which hat fits their creation or make a hat of their own.
4. They can create all other details or use some of the templates for clothing that are provided. You will need to run the templates on different colored paper or have the students cut and color.
5. There is also 2 B,M,E sheets to use to sequence the story.
Thank you for purchasing, downloading, browsing, following and inspiring! I hope this brings a bit of sunshine your way! I appreciate customer feedback and comments. If you find anything in this packet that needs to be reworked or might work better for your students, please let me know and I will be happy to rework any activity/packet that you have purchased to fit your needs.
Ask The Seller
There aren't any questions, go ahead and ask one now!
Welcome! I am so happy that you found Sunshine and Lollipops a place where YOU (new primary teachers, student teachers as well as parents and seasoned teachers) will not only find dazzling, creative, differentiated resources and ideas to sweeten and challenge young minds, but also a place to find ways to add a little sparkle to your teaching style so you can continue to SHINE! These sensational ideas and lessons will motivate your students and transcend them into the brilliant land of learning where they will discover ways to become life long learners in a melodious classroom environment that fosters and values teaching and learning.A place where each child is treasured for his uniqueness and will become an active member of your classroom.
I learned a LOOOOOng time ago that a little sweetness goes a long way so I have tried to look at the positive side of life as a retired teacher of 30+ years, a wife, mom and Mimi of three. Who doesn’t want to visit their Mimi and experience a reality “Candyland” game with all kinds of forbidden pleasures like lollipops, Hershey hugs and kisses, cupcakes, brownies and all those sugary treats, They can visit and experience the sweetness of Mimi’s and then go back home on a sugary high!
My teaching style was and still is to keep all lessons dazzling, fun, hands on and whatever each child needs to learn and grow! I LOVE to differentiate instruction as much as I can! Let’s face it, each year you get a classroom full of kiddos as different as a box of chocolates...Each piece might look pretty much the same on the outside, but when you take a bite, you can see and taste the difference...all sugary and sweet, but different in many ways!
I hope you enjoy using all these lessons and ideas as much as I did during my teaching career. Have fun and remember to enjoy each day because it is definitely a SWEET TREAT!!