HistorySimulation.com produces engaging history lesson plans for students. For any teacher planning a unit on World War 1, this lesson plan is a great way to bring history to life for them. The original program was developed and tested over years of use and is used by nearly 200 high school teachers throughout North America. The Homeschool WWI Simulation Lesson Plans were adapted by Mr. Harms, from our World War One Simulation for High School and Middle School.
The adapted version of the WW1 Simulation offers homeschool teachers the opportunity to bring World War One to life by placing history in the hands of the students. With modified instructions and simplified terminology, the adapted version gives homeschool students the opportunity to engage this great conflict in new and challenging ways. The Homeschool WWI Lesson Plan Simulation is adapted to very small class sizes and teachers may even have to take a role-which allows students to begin to understand the level of influence this conflict had on a global scale.
This WW1 simulation will help get students interested and excited about learning. Instead of simply recreating what happened in the Great War, students can alter the course of history through the decisions they make. This program can be customized to any class size and become a unit that students will want to do again.
||Teacher Orientation Video:
||Student Orientation Video:
Who is it for?
- 10th Graders (15 to 16-year-olds)
- 11th Graders (16 to 17-year-olds)
- 12th Graders (17 to 18-year-olds)
- 7th Graders (12 to 13-year-olds)
- 8th Graders (13 to 14-year-olds)
- 9th Graders (14 to 15-year-olds)
- Teacher Overview
- Teacher Instructions
- Teacher Day Notes
- Battle Calculator (Includes Mobilization Chart)
- There are two battle calculators. One allows for some chance and the other does not. Experiment with them and see which one you prefer.
- News Bulletins:
- Russia Surrenders
- Zimmerman Note
- Head Table:
- Alliance Certificates (May not be necessary for Home School application)
- Declaration of War Certificates (May not be necessary for Home School application)
- Top Secret Binders: (Three Ring Binders)
- Student Overview
- World Situation Summary
- WWI Alliance Map
- WWI Display Map
- Rules of The Simulation
- Intelligence Report
- Top Secret Documents & Simulation Report
i. Central Powers: Austria-Hungary, Germany and The Ottoman Empire
ii. Allies: Great Britain, France, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro
iii. Neutral Powers: United States, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Greece, Bulgaria and Belgium