Looking for "Word Work" for your middle school classroom that you can implement right away and and implement for only minutes everyday?
This 186-slide PDF powerpoint is the perfect morning starter for your middle school learners that can be utilized everyday of the school year.
Packed with vocabulary words your students need to know, each slide includes the word's part of speech and a grade-level appropriate definition, with a picture to allow students to better visualize the meaning. By incorporating the Word of the Day Organizer students will touch on prefixes, suffixes, roots/bases, synonyms, antonyms, and fluent and thoughtful sentence writing...all the word work that needs to be incorporated into common core!
Students will be introduced to vocabulary words that will make them become more fluent in both their reading and writing.
This is a MUST HAVE classroom resource!
Information about this resource:
- Font of Word of the Day slides is Century Gothic
- Clip art and definitions
- Word of the Day student organizer
- Table of Contents
- Clear directions to utilize in your classroom more effectively
- Student notes for review of: parts of speech, synonyms, antonyms, prefixes, suffixes, root/base words
- Lists of words for student tracking
- Estimated Lexile Measure: 1010
About the Seller
I have taught for 15 years as an upper elementary reading and language arts teacher. I love this level of learners because they challenge me to find the perfect novels, and to create the most effective resources. I am a National Board Certified Teacher in Early Adolescent English Language Arts.