Who is it for?
- 1st Graders (6 to 7-year-olds)
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- Kindergarteners (5 to 6-year-olds)
- 24 winter riddle cards with coordinating word/answer cards
- A riddle writing printable activity
- Four-in-a-Row board game to reinforce the same vocabulary
Riddles are a form of informational text, and are an engaging way to help young readers develop essential reading skills. Solving riddles is a fun-filled and motivating way to lay the groundwork for making inferences, drawing conclusions, using key details, and are also super for developing vocabulary.
Use this set of 24 winter riddle cards kindergarteners through 2nd graders:
* As a whole class or small group activity, to demonstrate how to integrate the information in the clues
* As a pocket chart center matching activity
* As a small group or literacy center game, with the included game board
* As a starting point for an independent/partner writing activity
* For vocabulary development with ESL/ELL students
These seasonal words are included: names of months (December, January, February), names of December holidays, candles, candy canes, winter clothing, Martin Luther King, Valentines Day, and of course SNOW!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! Please visit my Educents store and become a follower.
You'll also like Spring Riddles and Human Body Riddles.
Primary Inspiration Blog
Primary Inspiration Resources for Teaching on FB