Customers who bought this also bought
Who is it for?
- 1st Graders (6 to 7-year-olds)
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- Kindergarteners (5 to 6-year-olds)
- 24 winter riddle cards with coordinating word/answer cards
- A riddle writing printable activity
- Four-in-a-Row board game to reinforce the same vocabulary
Riddles are a form of informational text, and are an engaging way to help young readers develop essential reading skills. Solving riddles is a fun-filled and motivating way to lay the groundwork for making inferences, drawing conclusions, using key details, and are also super for developing vocabulary.
Use this set of 24 winter riddle cards kindergarteners through 2nd graders:
* As a whole class or small group activity, to demonstrate how to integrate the information in the clues
* As a pocket chart center matching activity
* As a small group or literacy center game, with the included game board
* As a starting point for an independent/partner writing activity
* For vocabulary development with ESL/ELL students
These seasonal words are included: names of months (December, January, February), names of December holidays, candles, candy canes, winter clothing, Martin Luther King, Valentines Day, and of course SNOW!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! Please visit my Educents store and become a follower.
Primary Inspiration Blog
Primary Inspiration Resources for Teaching on FB
About the Seller
I'm proud to have been a teacher for 26 years, with most of my experience and my happiest days spent in the primary grades. I've taught Reading Recovery, Basic Skills, first grade, and even a first grade literacy intervention class. As a big believer in hands-on learning, you'll see that center activities and games are among my favorite resources to create! Student engagement is key to learning that lasts, so I strive to create differentiated fun activities that will keep your students excited about learning!