As children approach adolescence, their bodies start to change. Teaching an adolescent with autism how to understand and cope with the physical, emotional and mental changes of puberty can be difficult. With the Special Learning Why is my Body Changing Social Story Set, an adolescent boy with autism will begin to understand what is happening to her body and why during puberty, and learn how to care for his changing body.
Social stories are short illustrated books that help teach individuals, affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities and special needs, the specific social "rules" or "norms" that are generally accepted in society. Each set is a self-contained comprehensive teaching solution that comes with an integrated set of tools, including a teaching guide. These products are designed to work in conjunction with each other to teach a student the foundational social skills necessary for building success and independence.
- Simplified text and realistic illustrations facilitate easier understanding
- Breaks down a difficult subject matter and makes teaching it easier for parents
- Defines key terms associated with puberty in easy-to-understand language
The Special Learning Social Story Set includes:
- Full page illustrated social story coded by skill(s) and age
- Portable social rule cards to provide additional teaching support when on the go
- Self-Help Skills
- Social Skills
- Communication Skills