This digraph resource pack includes 132 vowel digraph word building mats to help your students practice spelling words with:
• long a vowel digraphs ai and ay
• long e vowel digraphs ee and ea
• long i digraphs ie and igh
• long o vowel digraphs oa and ow
• variant vowel digraphs oi, oy, ew, ue, au, aw, ow, ou, and oo
This vowel digraph resource pack includes 132 vowel digraph word building mats to help your students practice spelling words with:
• long a vowel digraphs ai and ay: tail, rain, sail, nail, paint, snail, mail, pail, lay, hay, pay, ray, tray, pray, spray, say
• long e vowel digraphs ee and ea: read, team, tea, meat, beach, peach, leap, seal, feet, feed, peek, peel, sheep, weed, queen, wheel
• long i digraphs ie and igh: fight, light, night, tight, knight, high, die, lie, pie, tie, dried, fried
• long o vowel digraphs oa and ow: goat, loaf, soak, road, toast, float, roach, coach, bow, bowl, mow, blow, grow, crow, snow, throw
• variant vowel digraphs oi and oy: boil, coin, coil, oil, soil, oink, point, poison, joy, toy, boy, soy, oyster, royal
• variant vowel digraphs ew and ue: glue, fuel, cue, duel, clue, blue, dew, flew, new, pew, screw, grew
• variant vowel digraphs au and aw: launch, haul, haunt, vault, sauce, pause, claw, paw, yawn, crawl, straw, saw, lawn, draw
• variant vowel digraphs ow and ou: down, howl, crowd, owl, growl, cow, frown, clown, laud, couch, flour, pound, snouth, south, out, cloud
• variant vowel digraph oo: look, book, cook, hook, wood, hood, foot, woof, moon, hoop, tools, roof, boot, food, tooth, broom
To prepare these activities, laminate the cards and cut in half if desired. Students will take a card, look at the picture, and build or write the word. Sound boxes are provided. Magnet letters work well for this activity, but it can also be done as a write-and-wipe activity using dry erase markers on laminated cards.
Recording sheets for nine commonly paired vowel digraphs are also included. If you do not wish to use the recording sheets, you can make these activities self-checking by writing the word on the back of the card.
I recommend going over the pictures as a whole group before doing this as an independent center activity.
This resource is included in my Digraph Bundle and my Vowel Digraph Bundle.
If you and your students enjoy this product, please consider following my store. Freebies and new products are posted regularly. You can contact me with any questions or requests at [email protected]
- Amanda Taylor @ Second Grade Smiles