A 2017 award winning course used by the British Dyslexia Association.
TTRS is a typing course that teaches keyboarding, develops reading and spelling skills, builds confidence and motivates learners to succeed
For over 25 years, TTRS has offered a comprehensive touch-typing course based on a structured program of phonics. The program aims to build literacy skills and increase confidence and self-esteem in users as they master the art of keyboarding. Because it takes a multi-sensory approach to tuition, TTRS is also suitable for users who struggle with physical impairments and specific learning difficulties, like dyslexia.
- Designed to encourage success from the start
- Highly structured yet flexible approach
- 24 course levels, each of 31 modules - 4,000 words in all
Computer keyboard skills
- Keys introduced sequentially following a phonics program
- Small, incremental steps delivered at the pace of the learner
- Multi-sensory learning - students see, hear and type each word
- Phonics program supports decoding skills in reading
- Repetition and dictation exercises develop writing fluency
- Muscle-memory in the fingers used as a spelling aid
Dyslexia friendly learning
- Structured wordlists based on the book 'Alpha to Omega'
- Multi-sensory Orton and Gillingham approach to reading and spelling
- Sight words, Captial letters, full stops and whole sentences
Self-esteem, Motivation and Confidence
- Can enhance self-esteem for individuals with a history of educational failure
TTRS is appropriate as a typing course for children (6-7+) and adults who wish to learn the skill of keyboarding and is part of the National Curriculum for Schools and Colleges.
Additionally, TTRS is designed to benefit:
- Students who experience spelling, reading or writing difficulties
- Adults requiring help with their literacy skills
- Students learning English as a second language (ESL)
- 1-year access to TTRS Online for 1 Teacher and 1 student account
- Works on any PC or Mac computer with a broadband internet connection.
- US and UK versions available.
- iPad access included (through App with a keyboard)
- 30 day money back guarantee
Latest Testimonials and Reviews
How it works
You will instantly receive a "Welcome" email from Touch-type Read and Spell, which contains a username and password to access the course.
30 day money back guarantee starts from the purchase date.