Every wonder how our electricity works? Now you can learn all about it through a comic book. Best of all, this book manages to explain electricity with only very little math. This cartoon guide is perfect for any budding engineer.
Great for Ages 9 and up
Rereko is just your average high-school girl from Electopia, the land of electricity, but she's totally failed her final electricity exam! Now she has to go to summer school on Earth. And this time, she has to pass
Luckily, her ever-patient tutor Hikaru is there to help. Join them in the pages of The Manga Guide to Electricity as Rereko examines everyday electrical devices like flashlights, heaters, and circuit breakers, and learns the meaning of abstract concepts like voltage, potential, current, resistance, conductivity, and electrostatic force.
The real-world examples that you'll find in The Manga Guide to Electricity will teach you:
- What electricity is, how it works, how it's created, and how it can be used
- The relationship between voltage, current, and resistance (Ohm's law)
- Key electrical concepts like inductance and capacitance
- How complicated components like transformers, semiconductors, diodes, and transistors work
- How electricity produces heat and the relationship between current and magnetic fields
If thinking about how electricity works really fries your brain, let The Manga Guide to Electricity teach you all things electrical in a shockingly fun way.
- Publisher: No Starch Press; 1 edition (March 21, 2009)
- Paperback: 232 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1593271972
- ISBN-13: 978-1593271978