Who is it for?
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- Visual Learners
- Interactive learners - Click here to learn how lapbooks will engage your student!
- Your little scientist
This is a 32-page Lap Book/Center Activity for The African Lion.
- This is a cross-curriculum lab book/ center activity. It is a great way to get students interested in Science and Social Studies. This is part of my Africa series. The countries introduced include: Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, Tanzania, the Central African Republic, South Sudan, and sub-Saharan Africa. I will be offering more lap books that will center on the specific countries of Africa.
Are your students getting a little tired of only doing task cards for practice? These lap books are a creative way to re-invigorate your students.
They include tons of fun, interactive activities that build background knowledge and increase academic vocabulary.
A nonfiction “All About the African Lion” Book
An African Folklore “Why does the Lion Roar?”
Crossword puzzle for Academic Language
“Test Your Knowledge” basic comprehension worksheet for nonfiction book
Map of Africa Activity
African Lion Fun Fact Cards
Reading Comprehension Task Cards (15 Total)
Write Your Own Narrative Outline Worksheet
Nonfiction Writing (Write what you know about African Lions)
Lots of foldables to reinforce information
African Lion Identification Activity
Accordion of African Lion Prey
Where Do They Live? Foldable
Answer keys are included for the crossword puzzle, Plot Worksheet, Reading Task Cards, and Test Your Knowledge Worksheet.
About the Seller
This is my 15th year of teaching. I still love it! Every day brings new insights, challenges, and positive experiences.