Table of Contents
Ideal for preparing your sixth-grade students for state writing assessments and meeting new standards, this series provides scaffolded text-based writing practice with essential writing forms, such as:
· Cause and effect
· Compare and contrast
The 12 units provide activities that prepare students to complete text-dependent writing prompts.
Each unit begins with a unit focus and lesson checklist to guide students through the learning path, which includes:
· a dictionary page that introduces content words
· close reading of a leveled nonfiction article
· text-dependent comprehension questions to support understanding
· a graphic organizer to help students organize information from the article and plan their writing
· a text-dependent writing prompt
· a writing evaluation that guides students in evaluating their essay
Teachers will appreciate these additional resources and features!
· Downloadable home–school connection activities and projects help teachers encourage learning at home.
· Common Core State Standards correlations are located on each unit for easy reference.
· The reading level is provided to help identify appropriate texts.
· The suggested learning path helps teachers pace the lesson, and makes scaffolding easy!
The sixth grade content-area topics fall under these categories:
· Health articles
· Science articles
· Social studies articles
· Technology articles
· Visual arts articles
Better Together! Nonfiction Writing and Text-Based Writing: Nonfiction
Nonfiction Writing introduces students to the elements of expository, narrative, and persuasive writing, while Text-Based Writing asks students to practice these nonfiction writing forms in text-dependent paragraphs and essays.
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.
Your product will be shipped within 24-72 hours after your purchase unless otherwise stated below.
The shipping method of your order is at the discretion of the Seller(s). Shipping to P.O. Boxes within the Continental US is accepted, unless otherwise stated in the deal.
At this time, Educents offers limited options to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada or international destinations.
Please review the "Shipping Information by Location" chart here!
Should any given delivery carrier have to re-route a package due to incorrectly supplied delivery information, a flat fee of $15.00 will be incurred and charged to you.
For a complete description of Educents shipping & return policies, click HERE.
Educents offers over 8,000 downloadable products that do not require shipping charges. CLICK HERE to check them out!