Pep up your Test Prep with these ELA Reading Strategies posters! You'll get TWO SETS OF "Scaffolded" POSTERS plus a Flip-Flap Book Printable. Set one contains full strategy descriptions for teaching your students strategies. Set two contains strategy reminders designed to deepen understanding. The final touch is the Flip-Flap Book! Your students will love OWNING these strategies by creating this fun strategy keepsake.
Color and Black and white sets BOTH included!
It's time to "Pep Your Prep!"
Are you getting your kids ready for ELA testing?
These colorful and posters with relatable kids will be a hit in your classroom. You'll be putting a lighthearted spin on serious test prep when you introduce your students to this "Testing With The Stars" set!
Each poster will serve as a reminder of the different comprehension strategies:
Read the title and introduction statement
Preview the question
Read all parts of the passage
Re-read and look for details
Key words and details should be underlined
Eliminate wrong answers
Notice bold, underlined or italicized words
Context clues help you to figure out unfamiliar words
Infer when the answer is not "right there"
Pay attention to paragraph numbers
Check all choices before choosing an answer
Select the BEST answer
This kit includes:
1. Full color posters with Full Strategy Descriptions
2. Low-ink posters with Full Strategy Descriptions
3. Full color posters with Shortened Descriptions (Key words to help your students commit each strategy to memory)
4. Low-ink posters with Shortened Descriptions (Key words to help your students commit each strategy to memory)
5. Color Flip-Flap Book for your students to make and take. Putting the strategies into their own words will really help your students to OWN these strategies by the time test day comes along!
6. Low-ink Flip-Flap Book for your students to make and take.
Created using the adorable "Thinkers" by Melonheadz (LOVE!!)
Thank you so much for your interest in this product.
Clicking the heart to follow The Teacher's Chair would surely make my day!
Please let me know how you are using these in your classroom :) I hope your kids enjoy these Testing Stars as much as mine have!
The Teacher’s Chair
Find me on Facebook!