Happy STEM Month! The whole month of February we will have new STEM deals every week for you to stock up for the year! Get free shipping on orders over $150 in the Contiguous US.
Read Educents' Terms & Conditions here
This tall tale unit is just what you need to teach tall tales! I've created both tall tale activities accompanied by a lap book project that your students will love, AND that can be used with any tall tale.
Tall Tales This tall tale unit is just what you need to teach tall tales! I've created both tall tale activities accompanied by a lap book project that your students will love, AND that can be used with any tall tale.
After teaching Tall Tales with my third graders for many years, it has become one of my favorite genres. I’m thrilled to offer my resources in a new lap book format. Keep in mind, these resources also work well in an interactive notebook too.
Here’s a brief overview: • Directions on how to assemble a lap book are in a photo tutorial, along with all the materials you'll need. I tried to be very clear! • I chose to focus this unit on the following skills: story elements and vocabulary of the tall tale genre, hyperbole, similes, analyzing characters and their unique traits and creative writing.
• The CCSS for grades 2-5 are included in my teacher letter.
• Some of my favorite graphic organizers are in this unit to use for character traits, including a character trait analysis graph. This is perfect for listening comprehension while reading tall tales aloud to students.
• The character trait discussion cards enhance vocabulary development, and help build greater utility and purpose.
• I’ve included the materials you’ll need to have your students write their own tall tale.
• You may wish to use the lap book as an ongoing unit organizer, or as a culminating project. There are many creative possibilities!
• The blank Tall Tale Story Elements Acrostic flap book works well with helping students solidify their thinking about the genre.
Feel free to message me with any questions before you purchase. I will reply quickly! Thank you so much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated!
-Emily Gibbons, The Literacy Nest
Be the first to review this product!
About the Seller
I was a classroom teacher for over 12 years. I am now a WAHMom of 3. I also work with children who need dyslexia remediation on a 1:1 basis. Creating literacy materials to fit all kinds of readers is my passion!