Who is it for?
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- 7th Graders (12 to 13-year-olds)
- 8th Graders (13 to 14-year-olds)
- Your little scientist
· Cover page (p.4) – This page can be used as a cover for your child’s notebook for this unit. It can be colored or not.
· Life Cycle of a Butterfly (p. 5) – This section includes a description of the life cycle of a butterfly, vocabulary, spelling words, vocabulary and spelling activities, a butterfly life cycle chart, fun facts about butterflies, and more.
· All About Seeds ( p. 12) – This section includes seed vocabulary, an animates seed flipbook, a seed experiment, and vocabulary and spelling activities.
· Parts of a Flower (p. 19) – This section teaches about the parts of a flower and pollination. It includes a description of how flowers reproduce, vocabulary words, a detailed flower graphic for labeling the parts, spelling and vocabulary activities, and a flower dissection activity.
· Flower Power Mathematics (p. 33) – Multiplication practice.
· Coloring page (p. 34) – This is a fun coloring page of bunnies in a field with flowers. Spring is in full bloom!
· Birdhouse Math (p.35) – Solve the multiplication problems and use the answers to help solve the riddle.
· Adverbs (p. 36) – This includes a graphic description of the types of adverbs and a practice sheet. It also includes The Adverb Game, a fun way to learn and practice adverbs.
· Comprehension Plus (p.44) – Three reading passages with a spring theme give your child the opportunity to practice reading comprehension skills, but the questions that follow the readings are about more than just comprehension; they ask your child to engage in higher order thinking, as well.
· Water Cycle (p. 48) - This section includes a description of the water cycle, vocabulary, spelling words, vocabulary and spelling activities, a water cycle chart, fun facts about the water cycle, and more.
· Notebooking Pages (p. 55) – Four themed notebooking pages are provided for writing, as well as some writing assignment ideas.
· Math Answer Keys (p. 60) – The math pages are provided again, but this time with the answers!
About the Seller
Hi! I'm Veronica from Time for Home School. I was a teacher for years and then a school administrator. Now I'm a writer and a homeschooling mom. I also tutor other children.
I love learning! I always have. The curriculum units I write are designed to help children love learning, too.