Grab this jam-packed space unit to cover all your students need to know about the Earth, Sun, and Stars! This is a complete unit including experiments, literacy and math centers, craftivities and writing extensions, anchor text, student mini-book, and so much more!
Stars, Gravity, Earth, the Sun, Key Science Vocabulary Terms, Creative Writing, Information Writing, Reading Skills, Comprehension, and more!
Who's It For?
This is an all-inclusive unit! If you are teaching your students about the Earth, Sun, and Stars, consider your work done! You will be able to plan out your in-class activities, as well as home extensions! You'll be able to raise student engagement with the 5 literacy and 5 math centers that are also themed to match the unit! Lastly, students will be so excited to extend their learning with the two writing activities complete with crafts!
This is a complete teaching unit that includes over 172 pages of activities and resources!
Here's exactly what's included:
1. An Anchor Text (810 Lexile)
2. A Student Mini-Book to accompany the anchor text – the mini-book is on an approachable level for 1st grade students.
3. 4 Concept Maps
4. Vocabulary Cards
5. 5 Experiments/Demonstrations – All with an accompanying worksheet/recording sheet
6. My Night Sky Diary Homework Mini-Book
7. Collaborative Grouping Cards
8. Space Test
9. 5 Math Centers – Focusing on Addition, Subtraction, Tens Frame Card Game, Measuring, and Counting
10. 5 Literacy Centers – Focusing on Sentence Structure, Long and Short Vowel Sounds, Past/Present/Future Tense Verbs, Singular/Plural Nouns/Pronouns, and Root Words/Suffixes
11. Various Worksheets and Recording Sheets to accompany centers and anchor text.
12. Alien Craftivity with Writing Extension & Graphic Organizer
13. Rocket Craftivity with Writing Extension & Graphic Organizer