Common Core Top Pick for Language and Reading Literature and Informational Text
- Conventions of Standard English
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
Reading Literature and Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
View all Common Core Top Picks for Language and Reading Literature and Informational Text
Skill Sharpeners Reading, Grade 6+ provides 12 motivating fiction and nonfiction stories. For example:
- "Hercules and the Many-Headed Hydra"
- "A Clever Jester Fools a King"
- "The Sausage"
- "The Terra Cotta Warriors: An Army of Clay"
- "Animal Partnerships"
- "Deborah Sampson, Revolutionary Soldier"
Activity pages include:
- comprehension questions
- a vocabulary exercise for every story
Other skills addressed include the following:
- critical thinking
- interpreting graphic information
- using a dictionary
About the Seller
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.
PLEASE NOTE: ORDERS PLACED AFTER DECEMBER 21, 2017 WILL BE SHIPPED ON JANUARY 2, 2018.