Common Core Top Pick for Language and Reading Literature and Informational Text
- Conventions of Standard English
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
Reading Literature and Informational Text
- Key Ideas and Details
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
View all Common Core Top Picks for Language and Reading Literature and Informational Text
Skill Sharpeners Reading, Grade 5 provides 12 motivating fiction and nonfiction stories. For example:
- "The Tiger and the Jackals"
- "Old Bragwynn the Pirate"
- "How Shalbus Egbert Bested the Bear "
- "Tracking Tornadoes"
- "Joy Adamson: Living with Lions"
Activity pages include:
- comprehension questions
- a vocabulary exercise for every story
Other skills addressed include the following:
- critical thinking
- interpreting graphic information
- reading with expression,
- analyzing characters
About the Seller
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.