Customers who bought this also bought
Sight Word Football Game to help reinforce and practice sight words and make learning fun. All Dolch Sight Words are included. You can also play the game to reinforce the alphabet. 52 Pages in all. The game board comes in both color and black and white. All of the balls/pieces are in black/white for easy printing. You can print them on colored paper!
Rules for the game:
1.) Print out the game board You can laminate the game board so that it lasts longer if you wish.
2.) Print out or choose sight words you would your students to practice. The sight words are listed according to the Dolch sight word levels. If your student is just starting to read, I suggest choosing only 1 page of words. If your student is an experienced reader, I suggest choosing 2-5 pages of sight words to practice.
3) For each practice sheet of sight words, print and cut out a sheet of “extra cards.” These cards are labeled “Touchdown, Field Goal and Penalty cards”
3) Each student chooses a player. (It is best to use little game pieces that stay in place and are small enough for the board). Each player starts in an endzone. (Each player starts on the word Touchdown). Players can start and play from opposite sides, working to score against each other, or they can move the same way on the board -whatever your student will understand.
4) Shuffle and turn cards upside down in a pile.
5) Player 1 chooses a card. If he reads the sight word correctly, he can move ten yards (one line) on the board. If not, he moves back one line (or stays on Touchdown). If he chooses a card that says Touchdown or Field Goal, he gets 6 points for a touchdown or 3 points for a field goal. If he gets a penalty card, he must move back 1 line on the board (or stay on Touchdown).
6). Player 2 takes a turn, doing the same thing as Player 1 in Rule 35.
7) As players advance across the board and score touchdowns, they receive 6 points, and start back at the opposite side.
You can play this game with the alphabet letters for littler ones. You can also play with the sounds of the letters as well.
Play for as long or high scoring as you wish. The more practice, the better!
About the Seller
Hi, I am Meeghan: A few years ago I wanted to teach my daughter to read. Actually, I really just wanted to prepare my daughter for kindergarten. I asked my mom, a reading specialist for over 25 years, for advice on how to do this. She went into her basement and pulled out an entire curriculum she had written after she retired! She had written books upon books and pages upon pages to help teach reading to children – and she put it away in her basement! I picked up the material and easily taught my daughter to read. I was so impressed and amazed at how easy it was to teach reading that I was determined to share her materials with anyone who wanted to know how to help their child. I now have taught 3 of my children to read using the materials. Each child has different abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, but each child learned to read very easily. Teaching reading is easier than you think…. here are a few more things to learn more about us:
My mom, Madreen Karle, is a retired school teacher who wrote a reading program after retiring from teaching for 30 years. She earned her Bachelors in Elementary Education from Bowling Green State University. Mrs. Karle taught first grade, developmental first grade and preschool in Highland Park, IL, Shaker Heights, OH, and Wilton, Connecticut. She had much success teaching children to read and was inspired to try and teach many more children through the internet. Madreen has been married 52 years and has four children and ten grandchildren. With the help, love and support of her family, her program now comes to life! We hope it empowers you and your child to reading success!
I, Meeghan (Karle) Mousaw, have a Bachelor in Business Administration from the University of Notre Dame. I also have a Masters in Special Education from Assumption College. Aside from spending time with my family, I love supporting my alma mater by attending the University of Notre Dame athletic events.