Who is it for?
- 3rd Graders (8 to 9-year-olds)
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- Your little scientist
- Scientific Method resource includes informational text, posters, interactive notebook resources, and more! The scientific method is presented in both general and then with concrete examples. If you don't need everything included here, please see the links at the bottom of this listing, as I have separated this out into three separate resources.
Posters (8 pages): one for the scientific method, and then one for each of the steps (plus Share Results). Includes several bonus posters as well!
Informational text, vocabulary, and assessments (10 pages): text and assessments for each of the following
→ Scientific Method
→ Scientific Tools and Instruments
Vocabulary sheet and crossword puzzle also included.
Interactive notebook resources and examples of the scientific method (13 pages): Scientific method cards are provided in both color and black and white. These can be used to make flash cards, accordion-style booklets (black and white pages), or printed on card stock and used as a memory game (match word to definition).
Example pages that help the student walk through the scientific method are presented in both worksheet and interactive page options.
Blank pages are also included so that you can either write in your own or have your students use these templates while following the scientific method with their own research.
Lab sheets (2 pages): Choose from basic or graphic organizer style.
Labels for Science Project Displays (1 page)
About the Seller
As a former engineer and current homeschooling parent, I love creating fun and practical-life math units as well as hands-on math and science experiments! You can read about some of the experiments and activities we've done on my momgineer blog, or like my Facebook page for updates. I have two very curious home learners that keep me on my toes constantly creating new activities and games, as this is how they best learn. I primarily create these materials for them for our homeschool classroom, but I have also created units for other homeschooling families.