These science DVD programs cover physical science, earth science, life science, and the human body. They make learning about science fun and easy. Great for grades 2nd - 8th grade, ages 7-14 years old. Special bonus sections present material as it might be found on a science test. And with fun test-taking tips, students are sure to improve their skills on all standardized tests.
Who is it for?
- Your little scientist
- Gifted younger science learners (Even some Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st graders love it, although the material is intended for older students.)
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- 3rd Graders, (8 to 9-year-olds)
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds) The bulk of the content and bonus practice tests are at a traditional 5th grade curriculum level.
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- 8th Graders (13 to 14-year-olds) Teachers use these DVDs to help teach science curriculum up through 8th grade
- Gift givers
- Earth Science DVD
- Marko the Pencil shows us how easy it can be to understand and remember earth science concepts. Learn about the Solar System, seasons, weather, the water cycle, geology, fossils, properties of minerals, volcanoes, plate tectonics, weathering, topography, erosion, energy resources, and energy conservation. Approximately 61 minutes.
- Human Body DVD
- This entertaining approach to the human body engages young, inquisitive learners, while the depth of material gets older students ready for tests. Join Kevin and his friends for an enlightening adventure to explore the skeletal, nervous, muscular, circulatory, urinary, respiratory, and digestive systems along with the five senses. Clear explanations, beautiful science models, and amusing animations make this DVD perfect for the classroom and home. Approximately 44 minutes.
- Life Science DVD
- Marko the Pencil leads students on an entertaining adventure full of learning excitement. Topics include photosynthesis, parts of a plant, life cycles, genetic traits and adaptations, plant and animal cells, food webs, and more. A surprise rock star explains xylem and phloem cells. Clear explanations and examples hold interest and help boost test scores. Students also learn tips for getting high scores on a life science test. Approximately 59 minutes.
*Website includes free support activites
- Physical Science DVD
- Learn important facts and get ready for any physical science test. Marko the Pencil takes learners on a journey to his Super Science Station where it’s easy to grasp science concepts. This DVD covers lab safety, scientific method, atoms and their parts, molecules, states of matter, physical and chemical changes, mixtures versus pure substances, electricity, magnetism, motion, gravity, light, and energy. Approximately 55 minutes.
- “Wow, what a fun way to learn about science! This program teaches great memorization techniques and has tons of information about science. Free study material like tests and games are available online. There are also practice tests at the end of this video." – Dove Family Approved
- "What an amazing video presentation. Kids from 5 to 15 (yes we know that's beyond the suggested age) found it fascinating. Everyone who watches, parents too, learn something they never knew before about the human body. – Review, The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval Holiday Report
- "A great teaching tool. Another wonderful addition to the Rock 'N Learn science DVD series." – Samantha H., 6th grade teacher
- "This was an exceptional learning tool for children. It was concise, factual and it flowed very smoothly from one body system to the next, keeping the child's interest. The video encourages an interest in the child's own body, increasing their understanding of the human body functions and the medical terminology used to describe each body part." – Reviewer, iParenting Media Award
- "First of all, I have to confess that this DVD is not only my kids' current favorite, it's mine too! I was confident that my 9-year old son would enjoy it as he loves science. Not only was I right, even my 5 year old daughter was fascinated by the DVD. My kids constantly are telling me what they have, learned from Marko the Pencil and his friend Bailey. One day I am hearing what photosynthesis (big word for a 5 year old!) is all about and the next thing they are explaining plant cells. As a parent, what's really amazing is the DVD is meant for "Grades 3 and Up" but my younger kids are able to enjoy it and best of all, able to absorb the topics that are being taught.– Elina, parentreviewers.com
- "This well-done video is colorful and full of animation. The mnemonic clues incorporated into the information will help trigger your student's memory when they try to recall the facts. Children who need a multisensory approach will definitely benefit from learning earth science this way because the information being taught is shown on the screen. For the auditory learner, there are a number of catchy phrases, songs, and rhythmic chants used throughout the video. It is definitely a fun way to learn about earth science and how to prepare for a standardized test. However, I would not limit it to just children who take standardized tests. Many homeschool students who are not required or do not take standardized tests would still benefit greatly from all the facts, tips, and memory tricks this video has to offer." – Heidi Miller-Ford, Eclectichomeschool.org
- "I laughed and laughed at the Rubbert Plant parody. I can promise that I will never forget the terms xylem and phloem and neither will my children. All my kids including my 3-year old loved watching this program. This entire DVD is such a fun way to present science facts to kids. I can't wait for Rock 'N Learn's next science DVD. There are no other DVDs like these! Now my kids go around showing off how smart they are. Keep up the great work!" – Megan O., parent
- "The creative and educational team at Rock 'N Learn has gone to extraordinary lengths to make this DVD useful and fun for students who want to learn about science and get ready for science tests." – Amber S., fifth grade science teacher and consultant
- "My children loved the content of the DVD and how it is presented. The Marko the Pencil character is engaging. I especially like that the introduction to the DVD first gives a lesson on safety in the lab. The website is easy to use and has a lot of information. I like that the information on the website is free, and you don't have to supply any personal information for access to the content. The testing materials are in pdf and gif formats, which make them easy to open. Having the answer key and answer sheets available is great for parents, teachers, and home school. This is a terrific educational product." – reviewer, iParenting Media Awards, Greatest Products