Who is it for?
- 1st Graders (6 to 7-year-olds)
- Math learners
- 24 task cards
- Student recording sheet
- Answer Key in both full color and blackline
Download the preview to sample four free cards!
Here's a set of 24 task cards that will strengthen your first graders' skills in operations and place value. Choosing from a grid of four numbers, your students will determine where the bunny hid his carrot by using clues to eliminate three of the options.
A student recording page and answer key are included, for independent use in a math center.
Math skills addressed in this set include...
* Add and subtract one-digit one-digit and two-digit numbers, with no regrouping.
* Compare numbers using symbols
* Distinguish odd and even numbers
Here are some options for using the task cards.
* Use in a math center for individual or partner work.
* Use for whole class review with your document camera.
* Use as a skills review rotation, individually or with partners, with students moving to stations around the classroom to solve the riddles.
* Use for morning “bell ringers”
* Use as enrichment for early finishers
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You'll also like ...
Please visit me at Primary Inspiration blog, Facebook, and Pinterest!
About the Seller
I'm proud to have been a teacher for 26 years, with most of my experience and my happiest days spent in the primary grades. I've taught Reading Recovery, Basic Skills, first grade, and even a first grade literacy intervention class. As a big believer in hands-on learning, you'll see that center activities and games are among my favorite resources to create! Student engagement is key to learning that lasts, so I strive to create differentiated fun activities that will keep your students excited about learning!