- 3 Graduate Credits (post-baccalaureate professional development credits)
- ED 501 level
- Accredited nationwide - all districts
- All course materials and registration costs.
- No rigid class schedules - start any time, up to 5 months to complete
Who is it for?
- This course is for K12 Educators seeking graduate level credits for license renewal or pay scale increases
- This course explores the concept of resilience in young people and how educators can help students develop a variety of coping skills to persevere and succeed in school and life. It addresses how students in pain struggle and deal with adversity and how it is crucial for teaching effectiveness. This teacher professional development course examines trust building, student talents, instilling purpose and utilizing learning styles preferences to reach students. Educators will research the topic of resilience and write an application essay or lesson/unit plan for classroom applications and student counseling support
- This course is instructed and offered by Teacher's Learning Center (TLC)
About the Seller
Teacher’s Learning Center (TLC) has been offering graduate courses for teachers for over 9 years (through Colorado State University at Pueblo & previously North Dakota State University).
The founder and head instructor, Joseph C’de Baca M.Ed. began holding the classes on location in the Denver-metro area. Mr. C’de Baca has 15 consecutive years of full time classroom teaching experience in Denver Public Schools. He began TLC by offering his own originally created courses on the topics of Hispanic students and issues.
Over the past 9 years the courses have been transitioned into independent-study correspondence format. Additionally, the course offerings have since expanded to include other practical and relevant topics for the modern classroom.
K12 teachers nation-wide earn post-baccalaureate professional development credit from TLC's accrediting sponsor Universities. TLC courses have been taken by K12 educators in all 50 states, and also other territories such as Guam and US Military bases overseas.