Customers who bought this also bought
The purpose of this resource is for teachers, tutors, school volunteers, and home school parents to have access to a systematic intervention program that gives struggling readers in upper elemtary extra practice each day.
This program includes everything a teacher or parent needs to easily instruct, progress monitor, and assess struggling readers.
The daily intervention lessons contain extra practice with:
1. Reading fluency
2. Comprehension (with weekly targeted skills)
3. Vocabulary (5 daily vocabulary words in every passage)
4. Vocabulary (5 daily vocabulary words in every passage)
The intervention program includes:
1. 20 reading passages with appropriate content and language for upper elementary struggling readers.
2. Reading passages in 4 different student-friendly formats
3. Teacher/tutor fluency page with clear directions, running record with word count, and space for scoring fluency skills.
4. Targeted comprehension questions for each passage.
5. Targeted word work activities for each passage
6. 5 bolded vocabulary in each passage, with space for students to define each words.
7. Teacher/tutor comprehension, word work, and vocabulary instruction pages with space to collect data and additional comprehension questions for guided instruction
8. Progress monitoring pages for teachers/tutors to track student growth with fluency, comprehension, word work, and vocabulary.
About the Seller
I have taught 6 years as a classroom teacher and 3 years as a reading specialist. I am currently working on creating instructional lessons for teachers full time. I also spend time as an independent consultant, modeling lessons and offering professional development in literacy instruction. I love my job and helping teachers!!
I take a constructivist, inquiry-based approach to learning. I believe students learn best when they think critically, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate their abilities. Students learn how to learn. They ask questions that are meaningful to them, play an active role in selecting and defining activities with their peers, direct their own learning, and build knowledge through a collaborative, social process.
* Bachelor's degree in elementary education grades 1-8 (University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh)
* Master's degree in reading education PreK-12 (University of South Alabama)
* Literacy Collaborative Coordinator (Lesley University, Cambridge, MA)