With Mother’s and Father’s Days quickly approaching, the perfect gift is sure to be on the minds of children all over the world.
How Kids Can Help Make Mother’s Day/Father’s Day Special
- Give them free rein to make you breakfast in bed. Make the rule that it has to be something creative that doesn’t require the use of the stove or any other hot appliance since supervision will be limited. It can involve fruits, cereals, dried or cured meats, cheeses, etc. Basically, anything that is in the fridge or the cabinets are fair game. They’ll love being able to make you something that helps give you energy and nourishes you for your day!
- Your child can take over the housework for the day. Talk about a super special way to treat yourself on your day! Not having to do any type of housework for the entire day? Sounds like the perfect plan! While you’ll be there to help if needed, your child can assist with washing the dishes, cleaning the counters, vacuuming the rooms, and folding up the laundry. Just by helping out with those simple tasks, your children are giving you one of the best “gifts” ever.
- Let your child create ANYTHING homemade for you. Literally, one of the best gifts that a child can ever “gift” to you is a gift that came from their mind and heart. Them taking the time to make something especially for you to show how much they love you being their parent is a stellar way for them to make your day special.
- Spend the day in nature together as a family. Let your little ones plan the special day! Start the day with a morning hike, followed by a family picnic at a nearby park. The longer that you can enjoy nature together as a family, the better!
- Choose a way to volunteer together as a family. You’ve taught your children their entire life the importance of helping others and doing what they can to give back to those around them so why not let your little ones choose an organization or a cause to spend the day helping at together as a family? Finding ways to spread joy and happiness to others sounds like an amazing way to make your Mother’s or Father’s Day special.
- Write family “I Love You Because” letters. To make it a super special day, why not have each member of your family write “I Love You Because” letters to each other where you each list out what you love most about each and every person. It’s a great way to make everyone feel super special on such an amazing day.
No matter the age of your child, there are plenty of ways that they can make Mother’s Day and Father’s Day special and unique. Have fun and join in on the planning with them to make it a family effort as well. Sprinkle in a few options that you are looking for as well as other options that suit your family and their style, too. Spending Mother’s Day and Father’s Day doing ANYTHING together as a family is a great way to bond together and make amazing memories. Don’t forget to give thanks to your children since they are the reason that you are getting to celebrate Mother’s and Father’s Day in the first place!