What is the first thing you think of when you hear the words “slime” and “kids”? If you’re like me, you think of mess. Mixing slime and children does not have to be a scary idea. In fact, when you hear these words, think, science fun!
Learning time for children should be exciting and include activities that get their thinking wheels to turning. Hands-on activities, especially those that get a little messy, are usually a fan favorite amongst preschoolers, which is why I get excited when I find new tools and activities, like the Slimy Squishy Polymers to teach new (and old) subjects to my little ones.
Slimy Squishy Polymer Bucket of Fun
Experimenting with the slimy squishy polymers creates the perfect opportunities for young children to engage in sensory play and to naturally use scientific processes while playing.
The Slimy Squishy Polymer Bucket of Fun comes with items such as test tubes, biodegradable cups, mixing spoons, coloring tablets and an experiment guide to help you make the following: Gobbledy Goop, JellyStones, Water Marbles, Glow in the Dark Spit Balls, Slippery Spheres, Silly Squares, Space Sand, and Super Snow. Adding a little water to crystals and powder will create lots of science fun for your little ones.
You can expect to learn, create and play with your child or student(s). There are many ways to enjoy science fun with the Slimy Squishy Polymers. Here are some tips:
- Use the Super Snow to practice writing letters and numbers.
- Teach the importance of listening and following directions by allowing your child or student to work independently after being given instruction.
- Create winter year round by making a snowman with the Super Snow.
- Hide objects in the colorful slime and ask your child or student to share what letter the objects begin with or have them identify them.
- Use the polymers to discuss measurements, allowing students to measure powders, crystals and water on their own.
- Make Space Sand and use it to discuss the sea and coral reefs.
My little ones were amazed by the chemical reactions they saw occurring in front of their eyes. Feeling the different textures that were created blew their minds. Big smiles and giggles were heard for over an hour. If you are looking for easy science fun, check out the Slimy Squishy Polymers. Christmas is right around the corner and FUN educational toys should always be on kids’ list.
Want more ideas to introduce science fun to your child or student? Here are other cool activities to introduce science to your student:
Build your preschooler’s understanding of physical, life, and earth science! Songs, rhymes, and engaging activities will motivate your child to learn science concepts that are based on the most current science standards.
This incredible 7 kit set is perfect for any budding scientist! This Educents exclusive STEM (Science, Technology Engineering and Math) kit will spur your child’s curiosity, and interest in the sciences!