Who is this garden yoga book for?
- Preschoolers and Kindergartners - ages 3-6.
What's included in this garden yoga book?
- A spring and garden yoga book
- 10 yoga poses for kids throughout the story
- Includes a Parent-Teacher Guide
- ISBN: 978-1500138493
- 34 pages
- full-color picture book
- printed in U.S.A.
What customers say about this garden yoga book:
"Rachel's Day in the Garden is yet another one of Giselle's masterpieces that incorporate yoga sequences into superb stories that kids love. The yoga poses are easy to follow and kids LOVE that they are moving their bodies like the real things they see within the book. Since they are so engaged in the story, kids don't realize how hard they are working at strengthening and stretching their little bodies and the fabulous benefits they are giving their sensory systems. As pediatric occupational and physical therapists, we give this book two thumbs up for body boosting fun!"- Claire Heffron & Lauren Drobnjak, Founders of The Inspired Treehouse, Inc.
"Shardlow has mastered the art of integrating yoga, art, education and story into engaging books that promote movement, relaxation, literacy and connection. Rachel's Day in the Garden is no exception and in fact, might be the best one yet! The Kids Yoga Stories series belongs in the hands of every child, parent and educator!"- Lisa Flynn, Founder of ChildLight Yoga and Yoga 4 Classrooms, Author of Yoga for Children; and Yoga 4 Classrooms Activity Card Deck
"Giselle Shardlow has done it again! Rachel's Day in the Garden, with its sweet story line and beautiful illustrations, makes it so easy for parents and teachers to bring simple, fun yoga poses into their homes and classrooms. The lovely depictions of the garden and natural world lend themselves to singing lots of traditional songs along with the book, too: You Are My Sunshine and Rain Rain Go Away!"- Kira Willey, Musical Yogini, Creator of Dance for the Sun CD and Mindful Moments for Kids CD
What are the benefits of yoga for kids:
- increases strength and flexibility
- helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
- helps them sleep better
- promotes interaction between adult and child, as well as between multiple children
- improves their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their coordination
- develops self-confidence, self-expression, and body awareness
- promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
Learn, be active, and have fun!