Prentice Hall Writing and Grammar develops and reinforces skills through an easy-to-follow, three-part chapter organization and offers guided writing instruction and comprehensive grammar usage and mechanics coverage round out our most complete writing and grammar program ever!
Who is it for?
What is included?
- Student Handbook
- Teacher’s Edition
Guided writing instruction and comprehensive grammar usage and mechanics coverage round out our most complete writing and grammar program ever!
- Guides all students through each stage of the writing process
- Focuses on meaningful grammar applications with grade-specific, real-world examples and lots of exercises for grammar practice
- Interactive writing and grammar exercises accessed via web codes from the student book
- Go Online – access to online videos, quizzes, projects, interactive maps, and other resources to help your child learn more. Access codes provided throughout the textbook.
Prentice Hall Writing and Grammar develops and reinforces skills through an easy-to-follow, three-part chapter organization:
- Writing - Guided writing instruction walks your child through each step of the writing process.
- Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics - Comprehensive instruction, practice, and application ensure skills mastery.
- Academic and Workplace Skills - Develops test-taking skills as well as real-world workplace competencies.
The Student Handbook is organized into three sections. First your child will learn Writing through guided instruction of the writing process. The middle of the textbook covers Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics through instruction and practice with numerous ways to assess your child’s mastery of these skills. Finally, Academic and Workplace skills are addressed to allow your child to put his or her skills into real-world scenarios.
Additional features include:
- Go Online – Throughout the book are web codes for direct access to online videos, quizzes, tests, and other material.
a. Go to PHSchool.com
b. Enter the Web Code
c. Click Go!
- Learn More - opportunities to further depth of the current objectives
- Critical Viewing - visual, targeted support of the current skill.
Each chapter presents the new ideas with supporting examples as well as targeted exercises to help drive understanding. Guided instruction covers hands-on strategies for every step of the writing process and comprehensive support in areas where additional help is needed.
The Teacher’s Edition corresponds to your child’s Student Handbook. Multiple lesson plan options are presented for each chapter: an In-Depth Lesson Plan, an Accelerated Lesson Plan, and Options for Adapting Lesson Plans to create your own. Each plan will outline the time required for the lesson and the lesson focus. The margins of the Teacher’s Edition present the lesson objectives, engagement ideas, and a step-by-step teaching guide. On-going assessment is also provided to measure your child’s understanding of the material to allow for additional focus to ensure skills are learned.