Who is it for?
What is included?
- Student Edition
- Reading and Note-Taking Study Guide with Concept Connector Journal
- Teacher’s Edition
- Built around the Understanding by Design instructional model, this program uses scaffolded Essential Questions to introduce new concepts, stimulate conversations, and inspire children to go beyond the facts and connect what they are learning to the larger world around them.
- Go Online – access to online videos, quizzes, projects, interactive maps, and other resources to help your child learn more. Access codes provided throughout the textbook.
- 21st Century Skills Handbook – helps children develop critical thinking, writing, listening, and other skills to succeed in this course and throughout their lives.
- High-impact visuals ensure content is understood
- Concept Connector feature drives critical thinking skills while helping children experience the past
- Quick Study Guides – At the end of each chapter, this guide helps children ensure mastery of the chapter’s concepts
Prentice Hall World History will help your child develop conceptual understanding of world history. This program is designed to explore broad world concepts of history through Essential Questions based on the Understanding by Design (UbD) model. The UbD model is all about enduring understanding and transfer of learning where the important ideas or core processes have lasting value throughout your child’s life.
Built around the Understanding by Design instructional model, this program uses scaffolded Essential Questions to introduce new concepts, stimulate conversations, and inspire your child to go beyond the facts and connect what they are learning to the larger world around them. Each lesson consists of a 3-step process, Connect, Experience, and Understand. Connect helps children make meaningful, personal connections to the content. Experience means your child will actively experience social studies through hands-on activities. Understand is to make sure your child is not just reading content, but also making sure they “get it”.
The Student Edition helps connect children to world history through interactive features and activities. Each chapter is introduced with a Witness History feature before leading into the Chapter Focus Question aligned to the chapter’s main idea. Additionally, each chapter features Note Taking tips designed to help your child identify supporting details using charts, concept webs or outlines to record the main idea of each section of the text. Throughout the chapter are Checkpoints that provide stopping points for your child to assess their understanding of the material they just read. Additionally, access codes throughout the text provide online access to a number of additional features such as videos, quizzes, projects, interactive maps, and other resources to help your child learn more during this course.
The Concept Connector feature helps engage children, connecting them to experience the past and understand how people of the past experienced the issues of the time. Lastly, a Quick Study Guide and Essential Question reviews at the end of the chapter summarize the chapter’s main concepts and provide ideas for further engaging your child.
The Reading and Note-Taking Study Guide with Concept Connector Journal will help your child develop abilities to organize and analyze information as they work through the process of reading and note taking. The Essential Questions from the chapter sets up the Student Journal to help your child reflect, interact, and write about their experiences as they explore the material.
The Teacher’s Edition includes all material that you will need to successfully teach your child throughout this World History course. Each section of the text provides you with a lesson plan. The included lesson plans can easily be adapted to fit your individual needs. The lesson plans outline the objective and guide you through introducing the lesson, teaching the lesson’s material, and monitoring progress and offering ideas for further review and engagement. The lesson plans are presented in the margins around a reduced version of the student text allowing you to easily follow along the pace of your child.
The Teacher’s Edition begins with a pacing guide to aid you in planning your lessons. It also provides strategies for reading to learners of all abilities and levels with tips for better comprehension, sparking discussion, and improved writing
This curriculum has been modified specifically for homeschool families. At times, there may be references to print or digital components that are not included within the homeschool bundle. This will not hinder your child's successful completion of the course.