Save an EXTRA 10% off sitewide with code: STOCKUP Details
Happy Homeschool Month! The whole month of January we will have NEW DEALS every week for you to stock up for the new year! Use code: STOCKUP at checkout to get an EXTRA 10% off sitewide plus Free Shipping on orders over $150 in the Contiguous US.
Read Educents' Terms & Conditions here
Poetry and Figurative Language Unit of Study: Grade 4
This bundle combines two of my resources to save you money. It includes everything you need to teach a month-long unit of study for poetry and figurative language in both the reading and writing workshops!
Here are just some of the items included in this resource:
1. 20 reading mini lessons all linked to the Common Core, with detailed descriptions and chart examples.
2. 20 printable graphic organizers designed specifically for each reading lesson.
3. 20 printable thinkmark graphic organizers for each reading lesson
I have taught 6 years as a classroom teacher and 3 years as a reading specialist. I am currently working on creating instructional lessons for teachers full time. I also spend time as an independent consultant, modeling lessons and offering professional development in literacy instruction. I love my job and helping teachers!!
MY TEACHING STYLE
I take a constructivist, inquiry-based approach to learning. I believe students learn best when they think critically, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate their abilities. Students learn how to learn. They ask questions that are meaningful to them, play an active role in selecting and defining activities with their peers, direct their own learning, and build knowledge through a collaborative, social process.
* Bachelor's degree in elementary education grades 1-8 (University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh)
* Master's degree in reading education PreK-12 (University of South Alabama)