This unit is perfect for students who are learning how to use informational text and studying The United States and the presidents. Students will first learn how to use the text features in informational text including the table of contents and index. Then, students will be assigned a president and a partner to work with. Students will have a U.S. Presidents Research Journal that they will use as a guide as they research about the United States Presidents and their assigned president.
Once students have completed their research, they will use it to complete two culminating activities: a report/presentation (their "presidential speech") and a mask of their president. Finally, other classes and parents will be invited to the "President Fair" where your students will share what they've learned about their president and show off their masks!
Who is it for?
- 3rd-5th grade teachers who are teaching their students about informational text or the United States Presidents.
- Homeschool families whose children love presidents.
- Parents who want their students ENGAGED in informational text.
- Anyone who LOVES the U.S.A.!
- This unit will get your students highly engaged in reading informational text.
- Students will WANT to read to learn more about their president.
- It is a perfect way to integrate ELA and Social studies.
- Perfect for AMERICA LOVERS!
How does it work?
- Simply download and print and gather informational texts for your children to use!
- Download is for ONE educator or family. Thank you in advance for your honesty!
You may also enjoy:
Animals and Habitats Research Unit
Dinosaur Research Unit
Solar System Research Unit
-Table of Contents & Index Mini Lesson
-Other Text Features Mini Lesson
-My U.S. Presidents Journal Instructions
-President Mask & Presidential Speech Report Instructions
-President Mask Example
-Presentations & President Fair Instructions
-Unit Parent Letter
-President Fair Invitation
-Using the Table of Contents & Index Worksheet
-Text Features Worksheet
-My U.S. Presidents Research Journal Cover + 19 writing prompts. 10 pages (20 student pages once cut in half) PLUS a blank page to type in your own questions.
**BONUS! Full document in Ink Friendly Black & White for your convenience**