Eight fun games for first grade place value practice! Fill your math centers with these engaging games for adding and subtracting ten and multiples of ten.
This game set for small groups or math centers is designed to reinforce your teaching of mentally adding and subtracting ten and multiples of ten. It includes these eight games:
* "Piggy, Piggy!" card game for adding and subtracting ten.
* "Piggy, Piggy, Is it True?" board game in two formats, one for partner play and the other for independent work. This set includes four differentiated card sets for use with either board: set one for adding multiples of ten, set two for subtracting multiples of ten, set three for both adding and subtracting multiples of ten, and set four for adding two numbers and using the commutative property.
* "Mudslide" board game for moving up and back on the number grid by 10 and 20.
* "Plus Ten Little Piggies", a four-in-a-row game for adding two numbers and then adding ten
to the sum.
* "Hog Wild Showdown!", a battle card game (44 cards) for number expressions with multiple
steps, like "44+10+10" or "56-10+10"
Also included is a piggy-themed hundred chart, for extra support as needed.
Thanks for your interest in this resource!