Common Core Top Pick for Writing
- Text Types and Purposes
View all Common Core Top Picks for Writing
Give your students the structured practice and instruction they need to become strong writers without losing the creative spirit that makes writing fun!
Paragraph Writing is jam-packed with activities that provide students with practice writing narrative, descriptive, how-to, and compare and contrast paragraphs. From writing forms to web diagrams, there are a variety of activities to support students' varied learning levels, styles, and interests. And with resources such as transparencies and a trait-based writing guide, you have everything you need to provide students with motivating writing practice!
You'll love Paragraph Writing because it:
- supports 6-Trait writing. Activities build skills in each trait -- voice, organization, word choice, conventions, ideas, and sentence fluency. And a trait-based writing guide at the beginning of the book makes it easy to see exactly which skills are being developed.
- comes with 8 ready-to-use transparencies. Providing writing models and guiding group work is a breeze.
- contains multiple lessons at varied difficulty levels. Help differentiate instruction in your classroom using lessons that fit all of your students' needs.
- introduces students to important paragraph writing skills. From topic sentences and supporting details, to using an outline or web diagram -- it's all covered.
- integrates writing across the curriculum. Writing forms and prompts provide opportunities for students to practice their writing skills in science, social studies, and math.
- inspires reluctant writers. Motivating topics and delightful illustrations make writing fun!
- is correlated to state standards.
Watch students progress as they hone their writing skills through a variety of activities:
- Part I: Parts of a Paragraph Students learn about main idea, topic sentences, and supporting details through guided and independent practice activities.
- Part II: Paragraph Forms Students use scaffolded forms to organize information into narrative, descriptive, how-to, and compare/contrast paragraphs.
- Part III: Planning Paragraphs Using a Web Students practice organizing sentences within paragraphs and paragraphs within reports while using webs.
- Part IV: Planning Paragraphs Using an Outline Students practice organizing more advanced paragraphs and reports while using outlines.
- Part V: Paragraph Writing Center Students reinforce writing skills and concepts through engaging writing center activities.
- Part VI: Paragraph Writing Across the Curriculum Suggestions and writing forms help you integrate writing into every curriculum area. Students practice writing different kinds of paragraphs on science, social studies, and math topics.
Give your students the practice they need to become strong writers! Use Paragraph Writing with your class today!
About the Seller
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.