Customers who bought this also bought
- This item is a comprehensive CURRICULAR UNIT about World War I that integrates reading and literacy.There are 5 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes 5-8 weeks of materials, depending on if you choose to assign some of the activities as homework. This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
The five lessons included in this unit bundle are:
♦Causes of WWI
♦New Weapons & Technologies
♦Major Battles & Events
♦Treaty of Versailles
This unit includes:
• 5 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 5 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations
• 5 informational reading passages about WWI
• 20 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, significant items, significant people, political cartoon, geographical connection, and a literacy connection) per lesson. Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 5 quizzes
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quizzes
PLUS THE FOLLOWING SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIVITIES:
• 5 graphic organizers
• 6 interactive notebook foldables
• 5 primary source analysis
• 40 vocabulary cards
• 5 stations
• simulation (Soldier's Life in the Trench)
• study guide
• editable unit test with answer key
• teacher's guide with 2 suggested pacing maps
Specific reading skills in this unit are: series of events, cause-effect relationships, central idea, key details, summarization, cite text evidence, integrate multiple sources of information, & meaning of words/phrases using context clues.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 5 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizers AND students will be analyzing primary documents. I have also included a RAFT task that culminates the simulation. RAFT stands for role, audience, format, and task. It helps give students an authentic writing scenario.
I WILL BE CREATING CURRICULAR UNITS FOR ADDITIONAL WORLD HISTORY & US HISTORY TOPICS! BE SURE TO FOLLOW MY STORE SO YOU ARE NOTIFIED OF WHEN THESE CURRICULA ARE RELEASED!
Heather LeBlanc, LLC
About the Seller
I have 16 years of educational experience. I am currently a middle school social studies teacher and am loving it! I have taught grades K-6 either as a homeroom teacher, Title I/EIP teacher, Extended Day teacher, and instructional coach. My goal is to create interactive lessons and units that bring social studies alive for my students and help them make personal connections to the content.