Customers who bought this also bought
Purchasing this Word Work for Big Kids Bundle is like getting two resources for free!!
Currently, there are 12 Word Work resources included in this bundle. I will be adding more of these resources soon.
As I add more resources, the bundle will grow, along with the price.
But, if you purchase this bundle now, you will get all the newly added resources for free!
The current resources included are:
1. Combined Words
2. Making Words
3. Related Words
4. Tricky Vowel Patterns
5. Word Solving Strategies
6. Dictionary Games
8. Multisyllable Words
9. Tricky Sounds and Spellings
10. Word Families
11. Word Origins
This resource is appropriate for grades 2-6.
The printable pages in this bundle can be used in several ways, including:
* As daily morning work to review word work skills
* During guided reading small groups
* During independent reading time or centers
* To work with partners and small groups
* As an assessment for teachers to monitor students’ spelling abilities
* As homework review sheets
* As a quick and fun 10 minute time filler.
* As ‘when you’re finished’ additional work for students
To use with substitute teachers
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
About the Seller
I have taught 6 years as a classroom teacher and 3 years as a reading specialist. I am currently working on creating instructional lessons for teachers full time. I also spend time as an independent consultant, modeling lessons and offering professional development in literacy instruction. I love my job and helping teachers!!
I take a constructivist, inquiry-based approach to learning. I believe students learn best when they think critically, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate their abilities. Students learn how to learn. They ask questions that are meaningful to them, play an active role in selecting and defining activities with their peers, direct their own learning, and build knowledge through a collaborative, social process.
* Bachelor's degree in elementary education grades 1-8 (University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh)
* Master's degree in reading education PreK-12 (University of South Alabama)
* Literacy Collaborative Coordinator (Lesley University, Cambridge, MA)