Talent to Treasure: Building a Profitable Music Teaching Business Targets the woman who wants to share her love of music with others while continuing to serve her family at home. It addresses the whys and hows of building a home business that blesses others without negatively impacting the family.
In the pages of Talent to Treasure you will learn:
- How to prepare your heart and home for your business
- How to recruit and retain students
- How much to charge for lessons (& be sure you get paid!)
- How to select a "balanced diet" of music
- How & what to teach in the first lesson
- How to teach using learning styles
- Great practicing tips (& strategies for those who don't!)
- Dealing with memorization, performance jitters, etc.
- Special needs students--from challenged to gifted
- And much, much more!
If you (or your teen) want to open a music studio, you need this book. If you want to brush up on your teaching skills, you need this book.
About the Seller
Marcia homeschooled her five sons for nineteen years in rural Colorado. She has served in various home education leadership positions at the local and state level and holds advanced degrees in elementary education and music education. She was awarded the 2009 Dr. Ruth Beechick Award for Outstanding Contribution to Home Education in the State of Colorado and is the author of numerous books and resources for Christian families.