Customers who bought this also bought
Summer Calendar Activities for First Grade A Calendar of ideas to do each day during summer break
starting June 1 through August 31 Aligned with Common Core!
Send this home with your first graders and keep their skills sharp all summer long!
We all know how we wish our students would work during the summer to keep all the skills and strategies that they learned all year long sharp. You always have some students who never stop working over the summer and others who never work at all over the summer. I created this packet for my students to use over the many years ago so they can keep skills sharp and move right on into second grade without missing a beat. Then I would have the children visit me during the first couple weeks of school and show me the work they completed. I then gave them the Summer Award included in this packet and a special “second grade” school supply. I usually got the a pencil that said,” Second Graders are Great” or something like that!! My school also gave summer assignments, but I still sent this home because it was a super way to support our summer program and gave more specific ideas of activities to complete. I staple the calendar into one packet and then the journal with the response pages into another packet and send these home for summer work.
So here’s what is included in this 130 page packet:
- 3 months worth of academic activities and ideas to use for everyday during the months of June, July and August with a cute black and white cover. Some are quick and other a little more involved. I usually just sent home July and August since that fit best with our summer vacation.
- A Summer Journal with cover which includes the following pages:
- 46 writing frames , which include letter writing, making lists, opinion writing, How to writing, narrative writing, poetry and writing facts about a topic plus some blank pages to write about the day.
- 34 Reading Response sheets which include retelling, BME, summarizing, evaluating characters, determining important ideas, visualizing, cause and effect, questioning and making connections.
- A reading journal to keep track of books read over the summer.
- Word Work pages which include working with syllabication, long vowel pairs, beginning and ending blends, compound words, singular, plural and glued ending sounds.
- Simple quick math activities involving time, money place value, adding 10 and more plus some additional pages which include addition, place value and sequencing numbers.
- A black and white award as well as a color copy to choose from if you decide to give an award for their summer accomplishments
I hope this brings a little sunshine your way! Thank you for browsing, downloading, following, purchasing and inspiring! ENJOY!.
About the Seller