Customers who bought this also bought
So, You Want to Be President? (based on book by: Judith St. George)
- Book - So You Want to Be President? by: Judith St. George
- Book - If I Were the President by: Thomas Kingsley Troupe (optional)
This unit is perfect to use just before President's Day, with any study of Presidents.
This is intended to be a 5 day unit, but can be modified and shortened to meet your needs. Writing opinions and point of view are the main skills highlighted throughout this unit. The following is included:
- Pre-reading Survey
- 18 Vocabulary Words broken down into 6 words for 4 days
- Opinion sentence starters/phrases
- 35 open ended questions to answer while reading
- Students are prompted to write their own opinions using opinion sentence starters (words/phrases)
- Vocabulary review is included on Day 4
- Point of View (comparing 2 stories)
- Post Reading Survey
- Writing Template - If I Were the President...
- 26 question test with 1 bonus question worth 3 points
On day 4 students compare 2 books using point of view. This is an optional activity.
You will need a copy of:
* If I Were the President by: Thomas Kingsley Troupe
About the Seller
A Love of Teaching began in 2011 with a love and passion for creating high-quality teaching resources for myself and my classroom. It quickly took off, and now I'm able to offer a variety of affordable products and free resources that make teaching more effective and learning more fun. I have 14 years of experience in the classroom. I am passionate about creating rigorous and engaging products for teachers, parents, and homeschool educators alike.