Sentences, Fragments and Run-Ons Task Cards
I created these task cards to help teach Common Core ELA goal L.4.1.f.
These cards also include QR codes! If students have a device that can scan QR codes, they can check their own work! They can write the answer on paper, then use their device to see if their answers are correct. Students LOVE this feature!
If your students do not have devices, or you don't want them to use them, I left the original cards without QR codes.
These cards can be used in multiple ways:
* individual: great for students who need extra practice and also great for students who finish early
* partners: great activity for reading instruction or students who finish early
* small group: great activity for the teacher to do with a small group that needs extra practice or a challenge; can also be used in a small group in rotations
* whole group: these cards work great when used as a "Scoot" game; they also work well if you place them randomly around the room and let students walk around to complete them
There are 24 cards in this set.
* Cards 1-12 ask students to identify whether groups of words are sentences, sentence fragments or run-on sentences.
* Cards 13-24 give students sentence fragments and run-on sentences that they must rewrite correctly.
I have included two student worksheets:
* One worksheet has a frame with workspace for students to show their work, thoughts, evidence, etc.
* The second worksheet has 24 boxes for students to record their answers.
** I included 2 sets of cards.
The first 24 cards DO NOT have QR codes.
The second 24 cards DO have QR codes.
(Both sets have the same questions.)
I created these cards for you to print on card stock and laminate. I hole punch mine in the top corner and keep them on a book ring. You can print multiple sets so that several students can work at once.
This game was created for fourth grade standards, but would easily serve third grade (for a challenge) and fifth grade (for review).
Follow my blog: NC Teacher Chick
Follow me on Instagram: NC Teacher Chick on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter: NC Teacher Chick on Twitter
Thank you so much!
Monica Parsons - NC Teacher Chick
About the Seller
Hello! I'm Monica Parsons, also known as NC Teacher Chick. I was born and raised in North Carolina. I have taught fourth grade for thirteen years. I am a mom to a wonderful four-year-old named Blake.