Customers who bought this also bought
Math Mammoth Light Blue Series constitutes a full elementary mathematics curriculum.
Some of the main features of the curriculum are:
- It is mastery-oriented and organized into chapters by topics. Thus, in each chapter the curriculum concentrates on one theme and its connecting topics (such as place value, multiplication, or geometry). Each grade level typically contains 8-10 chapters.
- The curriculum focuses strongly on conceptual understanding.
- Visual models and exercises are used a lot.
- Mental math and number sense are emphasized.
- The curriculum is nearly self-teaching for many children, since the full explanations of concepts are included in the student books. Thus it requires fairly little preparation time from the teacher.
- There are free videos that are matched to the curriculum.
- The curriculum meets and exceeds the Common Core Standards.
What is provided?
You will be purchasing the bundle for grades 4-7. Each grade level in Math Mammoth Light Blue series consists of two student worktexts (A and B), which contain both the teaching (explanations) and all the student work (exercises).
Also included are answer keys, tests, cumulative review lessons, a versatile worksheet maker (Internet access required), and bonus software Soft-Pak.
There are also lots of videos (available online) that are matched to the curriculum.
This bundle for grades 4-7 is the US version of the curriculum.
About the Seller
Maria Miller, the author of the Math Mammoth books, is a math teacher turned homeschooler. She has a master's degree in mathematics with the teacher educational studies, and minors in physics and statistics. The aim of her math books is first and foremost to explain math in very simple terms, yet rigorously, concentrating on understanding of concepts.