Customers who bought this also bought
Who is it for?
- Kindergarten-aged students. This is the second book in the Life of Fred Elementary series, so it's perfect for children who have finished Life of Fred Apples.
What is included?
- 128 pages of entertaining stories to guide children through basic math concepts
Subjects covered in Life of Fred Butterflies:
- Telling time
- Collinear and perpendicular lines
- A dozen and a baker's dozen
- Numbers up to a quintillion
- Numbers that add up to 9
Parents and teachers know they can count on Life of Fred not only to teach math concepts, but also to make it fun! The book's author, Dr. Stanley F. Schmidt, learned from decades teaching math in high school and college that the traditional "drill and kill" approach doesn't encourage a love of learning. Instead, Fred teaches kids in a low-key, fun way that they'll remember forever. They'll never ask, "When are we ever going to use this stuff?"
About the Seller
Follow Fred, a five-year-old math professor at Kittens University, as his funny adventures lead students through all the math they'll ever need. Starting from basic kindergarten-level arithmetic, the Life of Fred book series teaches all the way through college math.
Dr. Stanley F. Schmidt designed these books to keep students engaged while also making math concepts memorable. Perfect for independent study, each unit teaches ideas that can be applied using real-world examples.