The Learn to Read program is based on research and approved by the Children’s Reading Foundation. Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read uses a proven, simple, and fun method to give your child a strong foundation in phonics and reading skills. The complete Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read kit contains all 8 levels of the award-winning program, from Pre-K to 2nd Grade.
- Level 1: Early Emergent Readers
- Level 2: Early Emergent Readers
- Level 3: Emergent Readers
- Level 4: Emergent Readers
- Level 5: Transitional Readers
- Level 6: Transitional Readers
- Level 7: Early Fluent Readers
- Level 8: Early Fluent Readers
Because kids learn in different ways, the program includes a variety of multi-sensory tools that appeal to visual, auditory, and experience-based learners. With the Hooked on Phonics® step-by-step approach, kids learn about letters and sounds, learn how to put them together to form words, and then utilize these skills to read great stories and books. Each lesson takes about 20 minutes, making the complete Learn to Read kit perfect for parents and homeschoolers looking for an effective and fun reading program. Each lesson follows the same approach: Learn, Practice, Read, Celebrate.
- Learn:Your child learns to read new words by watching the lesson on the DVD or online and then reading the new words in the workbook.
- Practice:Your child then practices reading the new sound combinations and words in the workbook. This will reinforce the lesson and provide a tangible application.
- Read: Now your child puts it all together and is ready to read a great story. Every storybook is composed of words that your child has learned to read so far in the program.
- Celebrate:Celebrate success after each lesson by placing a sticker in the workbook. This also provides a helpful marker to remember where to begin next time.
This multi-sensory approach makes the program ideal for learners of all types, as well as parents and homeschoolers who want to help their children become confident, lifelong readers!
WHAT’S IN THE KIT:
- 36 Original Storybooks written to reinforce the skills your child learns in the program, including 8 books written by award-winning children’s book authors such as Rosemary Wells and David McPhail.
- 8 Workbooks that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 8 DVD’s filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life.
- Video streaming of All DVD content is available online or on any device.
- 8 Sets of Stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success
- 2 Sets of Letters and Picture Flashcards designed to reinforce letter names and letter sounds
- Online access to MyHOP (My.HookedonPhonics.com) for all lessons and bonus content.
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN:
Levels 1&2: Early Emergent Readers
Covers the alphabet, recognizing and matching uppercase and lowercase letters, tracing letter shapes, identifying letter sounds, matching beginning sounds with words and objects, rhyming words, and beginning sounds
Levels 3&4: Emergent Readers
Covers a review of letter names and letter sounds, short vowel sounds, adding “-s” to nouns and verbs, the “-ck” ending sound, compound words, and 34 new sight words
Levels 5&6: Transitional Readers
Covers Kindergarten Review, beginning consonant blends like “ch-,”“sh-,” “th-,” and “qu-,” ending consonant blends like “-ch,” “-th,” and “-es,” suffixes like “-ing,” “-er,” “-ly,” and “-ed,” two-syllable words, and 36 new sight words
Levels 7&8: Early Fluent Readers
Covers First Grade Review, long vowel sounds, “r”-controlled vowels, “y” at the end of a word, diphthongs and complex consonant blends, “wr-“ and “kn,” soft “c” and “g,” two-syllable words, and 36 new sight words
BONUS: HOOKED ON SPELLING PROGRAM
Hooked on Spelling Essential Program ages 5-8 When your child develops the necessary skills for proficient spelling, it naturally leads to more confident reading and writing. Spelling is a cornerstone for educational growth, and Hooked on Spelling will help your child master it! Hooked on Spelling
Hooked on Spelling Essential Program ages 5-8
When your child develops the necessary skills for proficient spelling, it naturally leads to more confident reading and writing. Spelling is a cornerstone for educational growth, and Hooked on Spelling will help your child master it!
Hooked on Spelling will help your child develop a solid foundation in spelling rules and patterns because it was designed with the knowledge of how kids learn best: by combining fun, computer-based lessons with workbook practice and real-world activities.
Developed by educators and teachers, Hooked on Spelling Essential features:
• Easy-to-understand spelling instruction and practice, for steady progress and confidence- building rewards
• Fun, interactive spelling games on CD-ROM, so learning spelling isn’t a chore, but something your child will actually enjoy!
• Family-time spelling games and activities, building skills every step of the way
About the Seller
Learning to read is one of the biggest milestones in your child’s life, and we are so proud of the trust parents place in us to help them play a role in teaching their children the building blocks of reading. Welcome to a wonderful journey--we are here to make it both easy for you and fun for your kids!