Early math concepts are much easier to comprehend with this hands-on set of 36 colorful, textured bugs. Watch the light bulb click on as children employ the buggy manipulatives to complete the 23 progressively challenging activities on double-sided cards. Learn in 3D: sorting, categorization, matching, sequencing, patterning, addition/subtraction, and more. More activities in included guide. 11” x 4” cards. Activity cards and guide are trilingual (English, French, Spanish).
From 3 years & up.
· Visualize early math concepts with hands-on 3-D objects.
· The hands-on bugs allow the child to easily add to or take away from sets, or to rearrange.
· Combining kinesthetic and visual learning will help to reinforce the connections formed in the child’s brain.
· Engage the sense of touch by exploring different shapes and textures. For more challenge, try to identify a bug by touch alone.
· Learn categorization by sorting by color or shape.
· Activity cards are numbered for progressive learning.
· Promotes early math learning:
· Strengthens visual differentiation by distinguishing orange from red and blue from purple.
· Strengthens observation and concentration skills.
· Develops fine motor dexterity.
· Promotes imaginative play and story-telling.
· Learn fun facts about different bug species.
· Includes blank activity card to add your own learning challenge.
About the Seller
Discovery Toys is the premier learning toy company dedicated to helping children learn and grow through Pure Play. A trusted brand for over 35 years, we specialize in premium quality, kid-powered learning products for newborns through school aged children. The company began when an early childhood educator first brought together a group of dedicated teachers, mothers and parents to take on the important topic of education for children through play. Selling to groups of eager parents in the home, Discovery Toys, the network marketing / direct sales company, was born.
Discovery Toys products are designed with the understanding that children learn best through play. From birth to 8 years of age children learn through physically interacting with the environment using all of their senses to build new knowledge.
DT Toys combines in every toy with safety and quality standards beyond the national standards. As many of our customers and educational consultant representatives can testify, a Discovery Toys product is not a typical educational toy that you can find at your local toy shop.
Our Team works carefully with our design and manufacturing partners to incorporate a unique play experience into each of our products, an experience that stimulates multiple centers in the brain simultaneously, an experience that promotes both critical thinking AND open-ended imaginary play.