Customers who bought this also bought
Who is it for?
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- 7th Graders (12 to 13-year-olds)
- 8th Graders (13 to 14-year-olds)
- Shoppers on a budget
- This BUNDLE includes 15-PRINT AND GO Novel Units and Reading Literature Resources for you to implement immediately. The units included are:
- Poetry: Looking for Me…in this Great Big Family and Love That Dog
- Fantasy: The Whipping Boy and Tuck Everlasting
- Realistic Fiction: The Tiger Rising, Frindle, and Freak the Mighty
- Science Fiction: Pleasing the Ghost and Among the Hidden
- Historical Fiction: Esperanza Rising and Bud, Not Buddy
- Mystery: The Boxcar Children and Mudshark
- Autobiography: Knots In My Yo-yo String and Woodsong
- Genre Posters for BIG KIDS
- Reading Literature Task Cards
- Reading Literature Chit Chat Cards
- End of Novel Projects
If you are looking for the perfect resource to differentiate your reading instruction for grades 4-8, this is the bundle for you!
It can be tricky to find resources that meet the needs of all or even the majority of my students because I have students reading from the kindergarten to high school level! My students want to read books, but I needed more novel units to make this happen. In addition, I have truly struggled as a reading teacher to give my students the freedom they need as accountable, independent readers. They need to be able to self-select novels and have the tools to enhance their learning. So I got to work reading and developing this CCSS aligned novel unit resource. I hope your students enjoy these units as much as mine have.
Ideas for Use:
1. Use this resource to help differentiate the novel reading taking place in your class.
2. Display novels and let students select which text they want to read.
3. Provide students with novels to read independently, in small groups, or as a whole class.
4. Print out novel units.
5. Let students get started with their novels and novel units.
6. Watch as your students become more accountable, independent readers.
About the Seller
I have taught for 15 years as an upper elementary reading and language arts teacher. I love this level of learners because they challenge me to find the perfect novels, and to create the most effective resources. I am a National Board Certified Teacher in Early Adolescent English Language Arts.