- • Detailed (yet editable) lesson plans for 2nd Grade. State (GA) GPS Standards, National Music Standards, and National Core Arts Standards are marked.
- • PowerPoint to guide the lesson.
- • PDF version of the PowerPoint for you to import into your desired IWB (Absolutely NOT required to complete this lesson!).
- • Pizza and Note Images for PERSONAL use to create your own variations of pizza.
- • Two variations of worksheets for students to create their own pizza rhythms. I use these for differentiation for the different needs of my students.
- • Previous Knowledge: Students should already be introduced to beat vs. rhythm and have beginning knowledge of whole, half, quarter, and sixteenth note and quarter rest.
- • Lesson - Students learn a cute poem about Pizza and practice rhythm of the words vs. beat. Then students will practice decoding pizza toppings into the correct rhythmic pattern (i.e. Pepperoni is sixteenth notes). Then students will have the opportunity to create their own pizza arrangements with a fun cut and paste activity. (Alternatively they could write them in if you do not want to cut and paste). Modified levels of the worksheet provided.
- • Scissors, Glue, Pencils, Projector. (You do NOT need an IWB but I have provided materials for you to use if you have one).
Be sure to connect with me to get access to the FREE Resource Library! Be the first to hear about new releases, product updates, and amazing deals and teaching tips! pitchpublications.com/signmeup
Should you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact me before leaving feedback at email@example.com. I want to ensure you have a wonderful experience with my products and my store!
Shelley Tomich - Pitch PublicationsTeach music. Love life.
About the Seller
Elementary music materials that are kid tested and educator approved. My resources will have students seriously engaged in the music room. I offer products including storybooks, engaging technology-based activities and complete lesson plans! My goal is to help you teach music and have a life!
I have been a music educator for over 15 years in the Atlanta, GA area. I have experience teaching beginning and intermediate band, chorus, K-5 general music, ukulele, guitar, and producing musicals at multiple grade levels. I also have expertise with educational technology and integrate it seamlessly into the classroom.
You can also find me at www.pitchpublications.com and on Facebook!