Use this set of 12 cups to scoop, dump, fill, nest, stack, mold and stamp. Cups are all volumetrically correct & sequentially sized for interaction. Introduce a host of fundamental concepts related to counting, sorting, volume, size, patterns, measurement, clock time & more. Activity guide included. Colors may vary. Product and activity guide are trilingual (English, Spanish & French).
From 12 months & up.
· With a ton of learning fun and creative play, this versatile set of manipulatives is ideal for building the fundamentals for innovative thinking.
· The interlocking design makes for easy stacking into a tower.
· The scalloped edges make great castle turrets.
· Knock over the tower to learn cause and effect.
· Scoop, fill and pour with water, sand, rice, or small safe objects.
· The cups are designed to be volumetrically proportional. For example, the volume of cup #1 plus the volume of cup #2 equals the volume of cup #3. Use this feature to visually demonstrate basic math concepts, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Nest the cups to learn about size and relationships, an introduction to measurement.
· The cups are numbered both on the outside and inside on the bottom. Associating a number with size reinforces the notion of sequential progression and allows for the exploration of math operations.
· The numbers 1 through 12 are stamped on the outside with the numerical symbol, corresponding dots and the number spelled out in English, French and Spanish so your child can learn to associate a numeral with a quantity of objects or a spelled word. Encourage your child to put the correct number of beans, buttons, or other small safe objects in the corresponding cup.
· Identify and differentiate colors by sorting and stacking by color.
· Teach object permanence by revealing hidden objects under the cups.
· Encourage tactile learning by identifying the number on a cup by touch alone, inside the cup on the bottom.
· Learn and complete simple patterns by color or size.
· Identify the different animals on the bottom. Learn that the animals become progressively larger as the cups increase in size.
· Stamp the animal designs into dough or wet sand.
· Trace around the cups and then match the cups to the right sized circles.
· The 12 cups can be arranged sequentially in a circle to introduce clock face positions. The dots on the outside of the cups also correspond to clock face positions.
About the Seller
Discovery Toys is the premier learning toy company dedicated to helping children learn and grow through Pure Play. A trusted brand for over 35 years, we specialize in premium quality, kid-powered learning products for newborns through school aged children. The company began when an early childhood educator first brought together a group of dedicated teachers, mothers and parents to take on the important topic of education for children through play. Selling to groups of eager parents in the home, Discovery Toys, the network marketing / direct sales company, was born.
Discovery Toys products are designed with the understanding that children learn best through play. From birth to 8 years of age children learn through physically interacting with the environment using all of their senses to build new knowledge.
DT Toys combines in every toy with safety and quality standards beyond the national standards. As many of our customers and educational consultant representatives can testify, a Discovery Toys product is not a typical educational toy that you can find at your local toy shop.
Our Team works carefully with our design and manufacturing partners to incorporate a unique play experience into each of our products, an experience that stimulates multiple centers in the brain simultaneously, an experience that promotes both critical thinking AND open-ended imaginary play.