Queen Mary Stuart was one of the most beloved and controversial women in Scottish history. The granddaughter of King James IV and his wife Margaret Tudor, Queen Mary's status as heiress-apparent to Queen Elizabeth's throne in England paired with the violence of the Scottish Reformation set the stage for one of the most dramatic and poorly understood lives of the 16th century.Mary Queen of the Scots tells Mary's true story, focusing primarily on her reign as queen of Scotland, celebrating her life more than her death and showing us all why she was truly a woman ahead of her time.Features four period songs and three prayers in Latin plus step by step instruction on how to dance "Washer Woman's Bransle."
Curriculum units: renaissance music, 16th Century history, Scottish Reformation, Roman Catholicism, Stuart dynasty, Scotland, Scottish culture, Scottish history, women's history, period dancing.
About the Seller
Born, raised, and educated in Lincoln, Nebraska USA Laurel A. Rockefeller is author of over twenty books published and self-published since August, 2012 and in languages ranging from Welsh to Spanish to Chinese and everything in between. A dedicated scholar and biographical historian, Ms. Rockefeller is passionate about education and improving history literacy worldwide.
With her easy to understand fireside storytelling style, Laurel A. Rockefeller is the historian for people who do not like history.
In her spare time, Laurel enjoys spending time with her cockatiels, attending living history activities, travelling to historic places in both the United States and United Kingdom, and watching classic motion pictures and television series.
- Period dramas for the stage designed for small budget productions
- Easy to read creative narrative biographies from the Legendary Women of World History Series.
- Includes detailed suggested reading list/bibliography.
- Most titles also include detailed time lines useful to both students and educators.
- Catherine de Valois includes a War of the Roses family tree.
- Mary Queen of the Scots features a list of prayers in both their original Latin and in English.
- Queen Elizabeth Tudor features the lyrics to the popular period songs sung in the biography.
- Bouddica: Britain's Queen of the Iceni is available in English, Welsh (Cymraeg), and Welsh-English editions
- Puzzle books based on the LWWH Series biographies that are fun for both children and adults. Available in both English and Italian.
- Fill in the blank
- Word search
- Word scramble
- American Poverty: Why America's Treatment of the Poor Undermines Its Authority as a World Power explores history, politics, and economics as it applies to the living conditions and the underlying causes of those conditions for the poor in the United States and compares them with the poor in Canada, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Sources include American Express, Forbes, CNN Money, The New York Times, Feeding America, The Shriver Report, Herald Scotland (leading Scottish newspaper), BBC News, The Joseph Roundtree Foundation, The Huffington Post (USA and UK), and The Toronto Star.
- Preparing For My First Cockatiel introduces children to the wonderful world of animals as applied to living with cockatiel cockatoos. An entire chapter is dedicated to putting cockatiels into their environmental and biological context relative to other cockatoos, other parrots, and other birds. Makes science accessible to elementary school children.