This Think, Doodle and Write Kit is a little packet of printable literacy resources for kids. Each kit is focused on a simple idea to inspire creativity, critical thinking and curiosity through reading, writing, speaking and listening activities.
The List Kit is all about organizing and categorizing. Kids can explore the “Making Lists” theme just for fun at home; as part of a literacy center at school; or while they’re learning about classification, brainstorming, goal setting, time management, sequencing or organizing thoughts for writing.
This kit contains both color and black and white versions of the following:
- "My List Book" writing booklet, to brainstorm lists on a variety of topics.
- Action Cards, to help kids explore the theme through movement or play, or to take action in some other way.
- Think and Talk discussion cards, to spark conversations related to the theme.
- Extra reading and writing goodies. (A bookmark, and a set of notecards to encourage real-life writing for a purpose.)
- Print on regular printer paper or cardstock.
- Attach the Think and Talk Cards and Action Cards with string or binder rings, or leave them loose.
- To attach booklets, just cut and staple. Add decorative tape or other doodads if you like!