Who is for?
High school students. This series is intended for students who have completed the Life of Fred Intermediate Math Series.
What is included?
Each hardcover book includes hundreds of pages of fun stories that will keep students excited about math! Click on a title to see more details:
- Life of Fred Fractions: Improper fractions, common denominators, and more (Sample)
- Zillions of Practice Problems, Fractions (Sample)
- Life of Fred Decimals and Percents: Converting fractions to decimals, negative numbers, and more (Sample)
- Zillions of Practice Problems, Decimals and Percents
- Life of Fred Pre-Algebra 0 with Physics: Ordered pairs, making models, and more (Sample)
- Life of Fred Pre-Algebra 1 with Biology: Breathing, volume of a cylinder, and more (Sample)
- Life of Fred Pre-Algrebra 2 with Economics: Conversion factors, demand curves, and more (Sample)
- Beginning Algebra: Word problems, measurements, percentages, and more (Sample)
- Zillions of Practice Problems for Beginning Algebra: Word problems, quadratic equations, and more (Sample)
- Advanced Algebra: Inverse variation, the binomial formula, factoring trinomials, and more (Sample)
- Zillions of Practice Problems for Advanced Algebra: Functions, imaginary numbers, exponential equations, and more
- Geometry: Non-Euclidean geometry, perpendicular lines, constructions, and more (Sample)
- Trigonometry: The polar form of complex numbers, radian measurement, and more (Sample)
Teachers and parents love Life of Fred because it actually gets students engaged in learning math. Instead of the traditional "drill and kill" approach, Fred uses entertaining stories that kids remember forever. The author, Dr. Stanley F. Schmidt, developed this method through years of teaching mathematics in high school and college. Your children will never ask, "When are we ever going to use this stuff?"
About the Seller
Follow Fred, a five-year-old math professor at Kittens University, as his funny adventures lead students through all the math they'll ever need. Starting from basic kindergarten-level arithmetic, the Life of Fred book series teaches all the way through college math.
Dr. Stanley F. Schmidt designed these books to keep students engaged while also making math concepts memorable. Perfect for independent study, each unit teaches ideas that can be applied using real-world examples.