Who is it for?
- Kindergarten through Fourth Grade
What is included? Each hardcover book includes 128 pages of fun stories that get kids excited about math. Click on a book title for more information:
- Apples: Kindergarten. Addition, subtraction, shapes, telling time. (Sample)
- Butterflies: Kindergarten. Telling time, measurements, lines (Sample)
- Cats: 1st Grade. Right angles, one quarter, one meter (Sample)
- Dogs: 1st Grade. Rectangles, bar graphs, counting dimes, one million and one billion (Sample)
- Edgewood: 2nd Grade. Trapezoids, concurrent lines, functions (Sample)
- Farming: 2nd Grade. Adding to 16, percents, median (Sample)
- Goldfish: 3rd Grade. Decimal point, bar graphs, the metric system (Sample)
- Honey: 3rd Grade. Feet and yards, functions, exponents (Sample)
- Ice Cream: 4th Grade. Ounces and pounds, estimating using graphs, algebra (Sample)
- Jelly Beans: 4th Grade. Median and mean, intersection of sets, prime numbers (Sample)
Why buy? Parents and teachers love Life of Fred because it actually keeps children engaged in math. Instead of the usual "drill and kill" approach, Fred uses entertaining stories that students remember forever. The author, Dr. Stanley F. Schmidt, developed this method through years of teaching in high school and college. Your children will never ask, "When are we ever going to use this stuff?"
About the Seller
Follow Fred, a five-year-old math professor at Kittens University, as his funny adventures lead students through all the math they'll ever need. Starting from basic kindergarten-level arithmetic, the Life of Fred book series teaches all the way through college math.
Dr. Stanley F. Schmidt designed these books to keep students engaged while also making math concepts memorable. Perfect for independent study, each unit teaches ideas that can be applied using real-world examples.