Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read - Second Grade Levels 1&2 Complete includes levels 7 and 8 of the complete 8-level Learn to Read series.
- Level 1: Early Emergent Readers (Pre-K)
- Level 2: Early Emergent Readers (Pre-K)
- Level 3: Emergent Readers (Kindergarten)
- Level 4: Emergent Readers (Kindergarten)
- Level 5: Transitional Readers (First Grade)
- Level 6: Transitional Readers (First Grade)
- Level 7: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
- Level 8: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
Designed to help your child learn the building blocks of reading, Learn to Read - Second Grade Levels 1&2 covers:
- 1st Grade Review
- Long Vowel Sounds with “e”
- Vowel Teams
- “r”-controlled Words
- “y” at the End of a Word
- Diphthongs and Complex Consonant Blends
- “wr-” and “kn-”
- Soft “c” and “g”
- Two-Syllable Words
- 36 New Sight Words
This set includes:
- 6 Original Storybooks written to reinforce the skills your child learns in the program
- Kate and the Talent Show
- My Giant Bunny
- How Do We Get There from Here?
- This Book is Broken
- The Puppy Look
- Shoes in the Night
- 2 Bonus Books by the award-winning children's book authors Michelle Knudsen and Carolyn Crimi
- Smart Shark by Michelle Knudsen
- The Swish-Smacker Dirt Hacker by Carolyn Crimi
- 2 Workbooks that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 2 DVDs filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life
- 2 Sets of Stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success
- Online access to all video lessons PLUS bonus content on MyHOP (My.HookedonPhonics.com)
Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read uses a proven, simple, and fun method to give your child a strong foundation in phonics and reading skills.
- Learn: Your child learns to read new words by watching the DVD and reading the workbook.
- Practice: Your child practices reading the new sound combinations and words in the workbook.
- Read: Your child puts it all together to read a great story.
- Celebrate: Celebrate success after each lesson and track your child’s progress!
About the Seller
Learning to read is one of the biggest milestones in your child’s life, and we are so proud of the trust parents place in us to help them play a role in teaching their children the building blocks of reading. Welcome to a wonderful journey--we are here to make it both easy for you and fun for your kids!